ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
You shall only have one (1) account with the Service (which, for clarity, means that You will not register (or attempt to register) for more than one (1) account); provided that, within such personal account with the Service you may be able to open sub-accounts.
FEES; PAYMENT; RETURN POLICY
Certain products offered by (or on behalf of) Chicory through the Site (such as scarves and/or other accesories) will require payment by you (“Products”). You shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Site, in connection with the Products selected by you. All fees are in U.S. dollars unless stated otherwise by Chicory on the Site. All fees are payable upon demand on a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover credit card. Chicory reserves the right to change its prices (and to institute new charges) for the Products at any time. Purchases by you following the posting of such changes on the Site constitutes your acceptance of any new or increased charges.
Purchases are subject to Chicory’s Shipping and Returns Policy.
Your Chicory account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Chicory endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Chicory cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
RULES AND CONDUCT
The Service (including without limitation, any content, documents or other information made available via the Service) is provided only for your own information purposes. Any unauthorized use of the Service, including without limitation, any commercial use (such as, for example, resale to third parties), is expressly prohibited.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to (a) take any action or (b) upload, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content (including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information) using any communications service or other service available on or through the Service, that:
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any party; constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- Imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Chicory’s computing, storage or communications infrastructure or attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or otherwise;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment, or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data or other information of Chicory or any third party; or
- Harvests or collects any information from the Site; or
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Chicory.
- Chicory may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your access to the Service should your conduct fail to conform strictly with any provision of this section.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Service may permit you to link to other websites on the Internet, and other websites may contain links to the Site. These other websites are not under Chicory’s control, and you acknowledge that Chicory is not responsible for the accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of the content or function of such websites. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Chicory or any association with its operators.
You agree that all content and materials delivered via the Service or otherwise made available by Chicory at the Site are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Chicory in writing, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from such materials or content. However, you may print or download a reasonable number of copies of the materials or content at this Site for your own informational purposes; provided, that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from this Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, database or directory without written permission from Chicory is prohibited.
Chicory may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
THE SERVICE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT AND PRODUCTS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE) IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. Chicory, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL Chicory, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WITH RESPECT TO ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE) FOR ANY: (I) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, (III) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (IV) DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $10 (U.S.) (PROVIDED THAT, IN THE CASE OF CLAIMS RELATED TO PRODUCTS YOU PURCHASED FROM Chicory, SUCH AMOUNT SHALL BE THE PURCHASE PRICE). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR BODILY INJURY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chicory, its affiliates and their employees, contractors, officers, directors and representatives from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, that arise from your use or misuse of the Service.
Chicory makes no representation that the Content is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where such Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
INTEGRATION AND SEVERABILITY
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
“Chicory” as well as page headers, custom graphics, buttons, images and other content on the Site, are subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or licenses held by Chicory, LLC. or its licensors, supplier or partners. Other trademarks, product names and company names or logos used on the Site are the property of their respective owners. Except as expressly authorized, the use or misuse of any trademarks, trade names, logos, images, graphics or content from the Site is strictly prohibited.
You may contact Chicory at: [email protected]
Chicory LLC values its customers and respects their privacy. This Privacy and Usage Policy applies to personal information that we collect about you through our website and our mobile application (collectively the “website”). This information is used to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. Neither your name nor anything about you is sold to any other non-affiliated company or agency. However, as described in greater detail below, we may share your information under certain circumstances with business partners that help this site function or assist us in fulfilling your order. This Privacy and Usage Policy only covers information collected on the website, and does not cover any information collected offline by Chicory, including information collected at our stores.
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use certain of that information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears on this policy.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of personal information to provide the services you request. This information includes:
- Shopping – Through this website, you will be able to purchase Chicory products and gift cards. We ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the Chicory email list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
- My Account – You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with Chicory, which allows you to shop faster and easier. Using a user name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you authorize Chicory to store your name and email address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your “My Account” your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to include such additional information then you are also authorizing Chicory to store such information until such time you elect to change or delete it. Each of these options is for your convenience only. If you ever use a public computer to visit the “My Account” section of our website we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session. Through the “My Account” feature, you may create a Wish List of products you want and share the items on your list by copying and pasting the URL. You may elect to make this Wish List public, so that friends and family can search for you by either name or email address.
- Email List – When you create an account with Chicory, you will be given the option to be added to the Chicory email list. Whether or not you select this option, your personal information will never be shared with or sold to anyone. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, please email us at [email protected] and include your name and the address in the message, or click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
- Purchases – When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information.
- Customer Service – If you call our Customer Service center, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process your transaction. Purchases – When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. Chicory does not store your credit card information unless you choose to include it in your “My Account” (see above).
- Electronic Newsletters – You may be able to sign up on this site to receive electronic newsletters and promotional emails from Chicory. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender, age, and email preferences. You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive e-mail from Chicory you may click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes and Promotions – On this website, you may be able to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and promotions. If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may request information such as your name, age, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and interests or product preferences. This information is used to enter you into our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We may use this information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.
- Email to a Friend – You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code and telephone number. We will not include any other advertisements within the message sent your friends.
Information We Collect By Automated Means
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about how you browse our website. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more customized service. They enable us:
- To estimate usage numbers and patterns
- To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our website.
We also use “pixel tags” (sometimes called “Internet tags”, “web beacons” or “clear GIFS”), which are tiny graphic images, on our website. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our website may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the site. This information may include your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. We also work with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
Use of Your Personal Information
use the information we collect from our customers for various purposes, including:
- Process transactions upon their request
- Improve our stores, website, customers shopping experience and quality of service
- send communications about our products, services and promotions
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse
- Process information or claims in connection with incidents at our stores
- Enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf
- Comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytics purposes.
Others with Whom We May Share Your Information
Service Providers: We also may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing e-mails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us data storage and analysis; (e) provide fraud prevention; (f) provide customer service by phone and (g) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements.
Compliance with Law: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
Links to other sites
While visiting our website, you may link to sites operated by our business partners or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through the Chicory website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
Chicory goes to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Our customer service center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note, however, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. Once you’ve entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower right hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
“SPOOFING” AND “PHISHING”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that Chicory will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at [email protected], as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
Our website is not meant for children, and we do not collect any personally information from children under the age of thirteen. We will remove from our files any personally identifiable information of anyone we discover to be under thirteen years old. Our online contests or sweepstakes are restricted to entrants who are at least 18 years old.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a request by email to[email protected]. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Chicory’s practices regarding the collection, storage, transfer, use and other processing of personal information follow the Safe Harbour principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, and enforcement.
- Notice – Chicory will give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we will use it, and types of third parties with whom we may share it with.
- Choice – Chicory will give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we will respect the choices you make.
- Onward Transfer – When disclosing information to a third party, Chicory applies the notice and choice principles and takes appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- Access – Chicory provides ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so that you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security – Chicory will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Data Integrity – Chicory takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information the company collects is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used and that the information is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information below and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about your privacy or security on our website, please contact us at[email protected]